The Purposes of The Antigua and Barbuda Association of British Columbia are:
- To provide a forum for discussion of matters of interest to Antiguans and Barbudans living in British Columbia;
- To institute and promote activities that will enrich the cultural heritage of Antiguans and Barbudans;
- To establish channels of communication between Antiguans and Barbudans living elsewhere;
- To promote Educational Activities in the community through specific planned programs;
- To assist individuals and groups in Canada and other Communities in time of need;
- To raise funds to be used solely for the execution of the planned programs and activities approved by the membership;
- To build and strengthen relationships between the Antiguan and Barbudan Community and other communities
“THE NATION OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA”
Antigua and Barbuda Is a Twin-Island Nation at a Latitude of 17.061 degrees North and a Longitude of 61.796 degrees West in the heart of the Caribbean Sea. Antigua is 108 square miles (280 km) and Barbuda 62 square miles (161 km) located 27 miles (40 km) North of Antigua. The Nation is located 250 miles South-East of Puerto Rico and North-West of Barbados.
A population of about 90,000 – mostly of African descendant.
Antigua has an Award-Winning State-of-the-Art Airport which accommodates major Airlines which transport international passengers to and from the Islands. Additionally, Antigua has a modern Harbor which facilitates the visits of some of the World’s most popular Cruise Lines. The Tourist Industry is a major contributor to the Nation’s economy,
Antigua and Barbuda boast some of the most Luxurious All-inclusive Hotels in the Caribbean and is the perfect destination for any traveler. Voted several years in a row as the Caribbean’s Most Romantic Destination, considered as the Romantic Capital of the World.
The Beach is just the beginning with 365 white and pink sand, one for every day of the year.
The Nation of Antigua and Barbuda has something for everyone! The Budget conscious as well as the Luxury traveler - accommodations, adventure and many dining options.
Where Antigua and Barbuda are located:
Flag and Coat of Arms
Board Members - Antigua and Barbuda Cultural Association of BC
President: Alston Jacobs
Vice-President: Genevieve Richards
Secretary: Constance Henry
Director: Jerome Daniel
Youth Coordinator: Vacant
Past-President: Edward Morrissey
ANNUAL SOCIETY EVENTS
- AGM - Every Spring
- August - Family Picnic
- November - Independence Event
- December - Christmas Brunch
WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO DATE
- Raised and donated over $30,000 (EC) to Hurricane Emergency Relief
- Donated 3 ISO Container Loads of Hospital Supplies
- Awarded Educational Grants to BC Youth
- Provide Support To Bereived Families
- Support Our Community Building Initiatives
- Celebrating 20 Years in 2020
COMMUNITY BUILDING ACTIVITY:
- Fund Raising
- Education Grant
Phone 778-840-2859, 604-274-6550
www.Official Government Website
www.On-line Website Link
1. (BCOCCA): British Columbia Organization of Caribbean Cultural Associations
2. (CCHSG): Caribbean Community Health Support Group
3. (ISO): International Standards Organization.